The Pennsylvania State Police, Troop H, Carlisle Station, would like to remind the citizens of Cumberland County of the following important information:
• For your safety, please remember to make sure to turn your headlights on when it rains, and while driving through construction zones.
• Do not leave unattended cars running, giving a possible car thief an easy means to steal your vehicle. Leaving children in vehicles, even for a quick second, should always be out of the question. Be smart, be safe!!!
• Strict enforcement of violations on Interstate 81 continue. Motorists are urged to be aware of speed limits and to plan ahead for their travels.
• With the Click-It-Or-Ticket campaign, Troopers will continue to address the issue of seat-belt use.
• The warm season months are approaching. With such weather, residences often have open windows and doors.
Please make attempts to secure your residence before departing, hopefully decreasing your chances of becoming a potential victim of a home break-in.
In 2019, West Shore Advanced Life Support Services, Inc. began doing business as Geisinger Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
Please Note that we are now officially located at: 431 N. 21st Street, Suite 101, Camp Hill, PA 17011.
Any question, please call Paul Christophel at 717-972-4725 or Lacey Foller at 717-972-4752
Hopewell Township, Cumberland County, PA BULKY WASTE DISPOSAL April 6, 2019 and September 14, 2019 from 7:30AM-11:30AM At the Cumberland County Landfill 620 Newville Road, Newburg.
Bulky waste disposal days are free to Hopewell Township Residents ONLY. Bulky waste from any business will be rejected. Non- Hopewell Township customers will be charged the gate rate fees for regular household trash and bulky waste disposal. Residents MUST present their WSI card sent previously.
Cumberland County Landfill will NOT accept any hazardous wastes (automotive/household/outdoor/paint products, etc.) liquid waste, yard wastes (grass/tree clippings, etc.), batteries, closed containers, construction materials, computer equipment or vehicles. NO WIRE of any kind!
ACCEPTED will be white goods (stoves, refrigerators/freezers/hot water heaters/dishwashers/air conditioners, etc.) Furniture, construction materials, (boards/block/bricks), lawn mowers, bicycles and tires (10 regular-light truck/car and 2 large tractor). Tires must be off rim and be free of calcium, stones, mud and water. Any inquiries should be directed to the Landfill at 496-9351.
Date – April 6, 2019
Date – September 14, 2019
Swimming pools that have the potential to hold 24″ pr greater in depth of water require a building permit. This includes below ground, on ground, and above ground pools including inflatable pools. Title 34 Part XIV Section 403.26
Questions? Call PA Municipal Code Alliance, Inc. at 717-496-4996